Here is a very interesting article about PR pitching.
The journalist writes about unsolicited and untargeted PR pitches. The world of public relations is very interesting and in my opinion the best way to reach people is to send relevant pitches with newsworthy information.
There are ways to connect that are advantageous to both the journalist and the publicist.
Here are a few of my suggestions:
1. Make sure you know your audience. Do your research.
2. Call the journalist before you email them.
3. Email them information on their beat.
4. Take the time to form a relationship.
5. Take no for an answer until you have more information.
Have a wonderful holiday!