Great article from Ragan’s PR DailyApril 21st, 2015 | Posted by in Uncategorized
Every time I need a refresher in pitching, I read Ragan’s PR Daily on Zite. I love their strategy to telling a good story: simple and true.
This one caught my eye today. It’s so true! I’ll keep it in mind every time I pitch:
Here are those five pitches from the article.
1. New hires, expansions and mergers
2. Irrelevant products and services
3. Weekly newsletter updates
4. Jargon-laced rundowns of campaigns and newsjacking
So what works?
1. I agree with the article that using Twitter is a big help. I just did this last week with a reporter in South Dakota.
2. Less is more. Don’t saturate the market. Get one outlet to write an extensive article.
3. If you are going to have a release, make it an action-oriented release. For example, have a verb in your headline v. a title.
4. Figure out who is in charge of a certain show. Don’t pitch an anchor.
5. It takes time and research! Don’t pitch haphazardly.
Enjoy your Tuesday!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.