Many fiction writers are hesitant to inquire about media. Many times a writer will say, “What would I talk about?” However, this is an underestimation. As a fiction writer, chances are you have spent months and years researching your topic. Maybe you write about war, medicine, or even magic … as a result you know your subject very well. You can talk about it. Here are 5 tips for success.
1. Write a press release about what you learned doing research.
2. Be clear and concise in your press release
3. Make sure to contact media who are interested in your subject matter.
4. Don’t hesitate when a producer or journalist calls or emails you.
5. Send an excerpt of your book along with your press release.