The birds are chirping, the sun is shinning and spring is on the way!
Although spring is coming, we have had some significant losses in the last week. Some great Americans have passed.
1. Bud Collins: What a wonderful journalist! He could do more with words in one paragraph than most people could in a lifetime. He created many fun catchphrases about players: The Franco-American Kid about Mary Pierce, Fraulein Forehand for Steffi Graf, and Pistol Pete. He will be missed and to me, tennis has not been the same since he stopped broadcasting.
2. Nancy Reagan: She just passed yesterday and will be remembered as the first woman in the Oval Office. She was a powerful force in politics and added a lot of positive energy to the Reagan Administration.
3. George Kennedy: He was a creative and interesting actor.
Just watch Cool Hand Luke!
Last nights Oscar were at times very exciting and interesting and other times long and boring!
Some of the surprises last night included Chris Rock being able to ride the fine line between controversy and humor. He made valid points on both sides of the argument.
Other surprises in the categories were Mark Rylance’s win for Bridge of Spies. He was very good but the sentimental favorite was Sly Stallone for Creed.
Also, I was surprised that Mad Max won almost all the technical awards.
Another surprise was the Bond song winning for Sam Smith. Lady Gaga gave a tremendous performance but did not take home the award.
The fashion was pretty typical but beautiful!
On to another Oscar season.
Happy Movie Watching!
The Oscars are this Sunday night and there is a lot to look forward to! Here is what you need to look for.
1. Chris Rock. He is hosting and is always hilarious. With the diversity debate, he will surely have a lot to say and put is own spin on the entire show.
2. Lady Gaga. She will sing her nominated song and I’m sure she will look stunning. I would not be surprised to see her take home the Oscar.
3. Charlotte Rampling. She has been outspoken about the diversity question and it will be interesting to see how others accept her.
4. The Best Picture category. There does not seem to be a favorite but I’m rooting for Spotlight.
5. Leo! I there is a sure thing it’s Leo winning Best Actor. He is long overdue and it will be good to see him win.
Favorite moment to look for Sylvester Stallone winning for Creed.
I’m back from an awful case of the flu! I don’t wish this strain on anyone!
Today is a big night for music. It’s the Grammy’s. Many wonderful musicians will be on hand. I’m most looking forward to Alabama Shakes, Adele, Lady Gaga, and Chris Stapleton.
Be sure to tune in on CBS at 8 pm.
I’m a huge country music fan and today the nominations were released for the ACM Awards.
Some of my favorites made the list including Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Kasey Musgraves, and Chris Stapleton.
If you love country music, check out Stapleton and Church’s new albums.
I predict, Stapleton will sweep the Grammy’s later this month!
Have a great week.