At times the world is such a scary place. Yesterday two Virginia TV news people were shot live on-air. Such a horrible tragedy! When the world brings such misery, I love to pick up a great book.
Here are some of my recommendations:
1. And I shall have some peace there:trading in the fast lane for the own dirt road by Margaret Roach. The story of a woman who leaves a big city job for the solitude of the country.
2. Anything by Paullina Simons. She writes about intense love. Start with The Bronze Horseman.
3. Brown-eyed girl by Lisa Kleypas
4. Anything by Steven Gains: I am reading Philistines at the Hedgerow. It is about real estate in the Hamptons
5. In the Company of Legends by Joan Kramer. Great stories about movie legends
In the end, a simple, sweet children’s story is a good idea.
Try Ellie and the Golden Cricket by Dalyce Elliot Young. Read the review: http://www.mrtierneyslibrary.com/ and win a free copy here: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/151633-ellie-the-golden-cricket