My Top 5 Tips for MovingMay 9th, 2013 | Posted by in Uncategorized
Yesterday was a sweaty and stressful day but it was not as hard as it used to be. I woke up early to the sound of my door bell ringing. I was confused until I realized it was moving day for my mother.
The reason for this move is simple and life changing. About a year ago I met my true love, David. After date for 4 months, we were engaged and we are going to be married in September.
For the past 5 years I lived in a townhouse with my older sister and mother. It was a convenient and cost-effective situation that I knew would change eventually. Yesterday, it finally did.
My sister moved last winter and my mother made the move yesterday.
Surprisingly, it was not a difficult move.
Here are my top 5 tips for moving efficiently:
1. Be sure to pack everything and do it early. If you do this the movers just have to pick up the boxes and move the furniture.
2. Stay out of the way of the movers. Let them do them do their jobs. This includes moving and organizing the furniture.
3. You don’t need to unpack immediately. You can do this over the course of a week or two.
4. Be sure to pack an overnight bag. That first night can be hard and you will not be able to find anything. The bag ensures that you have everything you need within an arm’s reach.
5. Get pizza! Call the pizza delivery guy at the end of the day and rest!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.