Tips for Upcoming AuthorsJune 10th, 2014 | Posted by in Uncategorized
I wanted to take today’s post and discuss an issue in book PR that arise quite often. Many times authors print or publish a book and assume their books will be on the stands at every Barnes & Noble.
This is not the case. It’s not even the best place to sell books.
Here are some truths that every author needs to know:
1. When you are self-published the chances of getting into the major stores are slim. There are always chances but most likely it will be piecemeal v. in a lumps sum.
2. Bookstores or big-box stores will want a guarantee. They want to take something that will sell. Usually they will make the book returnable and this can cost authors money.
3. You need to promote and create a story before bookstores will be attracted.
4. Amazon is very dominate right now. Sell books on our web site and try to combat Amazon.
5. Last but not least, create a connection with a person who is a distributor. Do something for them. It is always good business to help others.
Until next time..
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.