Award Show Season is Here!January 8th, 2015 | Posted by in Uncategorized
It has officially started! Can you feel it! The celebrities are gathering!
Now, I love an award show but come on, we are overdoing it! I counted, there are 50!!!
Here are a few:
- The Academy Awards (a.k.a. “The Oscars”)
- The Golden Globe Awards
- The S.A.G. Awards
- The Emmy Awards
- The People’s Choice Awards
- Hollywood Film Awards
- MTV Movie Awards
- Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards (a.k.a. the Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards)
- Teen Choice Awards
- Kid’s Choice Awards
- People’s Choice Awards (because Teens and Kids don’t count apparently)
- Independent Spirit Awards
- American Film Institute Awards
- BAFTA Film Awards (British, so it doesn’t really count either)
- Various Critics’ Association Film Awards (19 separate U.S. cities or states listed)
- Film Festival Awards (five in the U.S. counting Sundance, plus don’t forget Cannes
So I came up with an idea.
I think we should have an award show for normal Americans! I don’t mean a HERO show or a show about a normal person doing something extraordinary. We should have a show honoring the best plumber, carpenter, teacher, student, editor, writer, boss, etc .
It can be the same format as a normal award show, red carpet, dresses, tuxes and speeches. It would be fascinating to see Sam from Seattle get an award for just doing his job.
I guess my point is this: we focus on one or two industries and put those individuals on a pedestal. The day when we realize no job is more important than another is the day we truly become equal.
Happy Golden Globe day on Sunday!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.